I just merged in version 0.5.0 of the rltk_rs project (the back-end used for the roguelike tutorial). New in this version:
- Better abstraction between back-ends (web assembly and native, currently), via a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) module.
- Better layering; the console layers no longer know how to render themselves, that’s abstracted to the HAL. This should make implementing non-GL back-ends possible.
- Significantly better compile times.
- New support for HTML buttons on the page hosting your web assembly application, and library support for receiving their click events.
- New demo (example 17) showing the new Web Assembly button integration.