Thank you for your interest in Black Future. 0.10.2 is a technical preview release – it shows off the engine capabilities and has a bit of a game associated with it, but it is only about 10% done. We’ll post new versions as they become available.
Now would be a good time to peruse the “How to Play” guide.
9/26/2016 – New Release, 0.10.2. This is a stability release – gameplay hasn’t changed, but it should crash far less frequently.
Nightly Unstable Builds
At this point in development, we’re releasing regular unstable builds. You can download them from: http://bfnightly.bracketproductions.com/
Build from Source
- Ensure that you have packages installed providing development versions of: Boost (system filesystem, iostreams), Lua 5.2, Zlib
- Navigate to where you want to install the source. I use
~/Development/github– but it can be whatever you want.
- Clone the project:
git clone https://github.com/thebracket/bgame(and wait a while)
- Enter the project directory with
- Run the helper script to setup your build environment:
./setup-unix-build.sh. This will create a “build” directory.
- Enter the build directory,
- Build the game with
make. You can use
make -j4(replace the 4 with the number of cores in your system) to speed this step up.
Linux build tested on Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily), amd-64.
RLTK updates periodically, so it’s a good idea to update it when you pull a new version to build.